The world knows that tobacco consumption is dangerous and health experts have been telling us that the habit needs to be kicked. So, in this episode, we look at the way forward on this problem that has its tentacles hooked deep in all parts of the country. Senior Public Health expert Dr Sonu Goel joins us on this episode.
is a podcast where we tackle that dangerous combination of the two kinds of virality—misinformation about health. Tune in to discern the real from the fake, and remember to Un-Viral.
- Understanding National Tobacco Control Programme NTCP and the COTPA Act
- Report on Tobacco Control Law in India – Origins and Proposed Reforms released by NLSIU
- Innovative approaches to implement MPOWER policies in low-resource settings: A significant reduction in tobacco use (21.2%–16.1%) since Global Adult Tobacco Survey-1 in Himachal Pradesh, India
- National guidelines for tobacco cessation
- Quit Tobacco: National Health Portal of India | Quitting Smoking & Tobacco Use: CDC Guide
- Tobacco labelling regulations in India
- Delhi Government Health Department issues show-cause notice to Hollywood actor Pierce Brosnan over endorsing a Pan Masala brand
- Tobacco causes 1 death every 8 seconds in India: Report
- India loses 1% of its GDP to diseases and early deaths from tobacco use, finds WHO study
- Economic Burden of Tobacco-Related Diseases in India: Report
- Tobacco Institute of India: Factsheet
- Impact of Tobacco Cultivation on Farmers
- Centre drafts law to increase the legal age of smoking to 21 years
Jyothi JeeruResearcher -Writer, Host, Producer -Editor, Designer -